Finally, we managed to talk about it... we = me and my ex-boss...
Let's first go back to Jan 09...
We were exploring about me gg back to help out after she did what need to be done...
We communicated and exchanged expectations...
I have even started drafting training material; going thru all the numbers; going thru past issues of magazines, thinking of different strategies for respective titles etc...
But the whole thing didn't come thru, and ended abruptly... after I named my price...
I was very very hurt...
Fast forward to 17th Apr...
Thou I kept telling myself not to bring it up again but I still did... and frankly, I am ok now... after sorting out my thots...
Anyway, we managed to talk abt it...
It's nice of her explaining to me all the reasons why it didn't come thru...
To conclude all the reasons and put simply - I am not worth the price that I named...
My Guru said: Willing seller Willing buyer !
One would pay any price for things/services as long as he/she sees the value(value-for-money).
It's my fault that I have not created enough value for people to see that I am worth that much...
I only have myself to blame...
Probably, I think too highly of myself... I am not that good after all... haha
Let's first go back to Jan 09...
We were exploring about me gg back to help out after she did what need to be done...
We communicated and exchanged expectations...
I have even started drafting training material; going thru all the numbers; going thru past issues of magazines, thinking of different strategies for respective titles etc...
But the whole thing didn't come thru, and ended abruptly... after I named my price...
I was very very hurt...
Fast forward to 17th Apr...
Thou I kept telling myself not to bring it up again but I still did... and frankly, I am ok now... after sorting out my thots...
Anyway, we managed to talk abt it...
It's nice of her explaining to me all the reasons why it didn't come thru...
To conclude all the reasons and put simply - I am not worth the price that I named...
My Guru said: Willing seller Willing buyer !
One would pay any price for things/services as long as he/she sees the value(value-for-money).
It's my fault that I have not created enough value for people to see that I am worth that much...
I only have myself to blame...
Probably, I think too highly of myself... I am not that good after all... haha
Whatever... it doesn't matter anymore... ;-)
1 comment:
A person who does not prepare marketing planning normally will not appreciate/ understand the importance of strategic marketing . With the present economic downturn in Singapore, she will face big problem in future....fighting "fire" every day is not the best options...so, just wait and see the final outcome:) - dave
Post a Comment