Saturday, April 25, 2009

How good u r (10%) + 天时(10%) + 地利(10%) + 人和(70%)

What's the secret to a promotion?

Some said: 'It's not working hard but work SMART!'

I read from somewhere: 'It's not what u do, it's HOW u do'

My Guru said: 'It's not what u know, it's WHO u know'

My newly derived formula:
10% of your capabilities + 10% of 天时 (right time/opportunity) + 10% of 地利 (right place) +70% of 人和 (human factors e.g. support of people/superior)

Here's the example:
After 4 years or so with the company, I have to go thru a 6 months 'test/probation' period to prove myself + 2 months of delay before promoted to Snr. Mgr...

No way would I be promoted to Ass. Biz Dir., if not for Mr. YP... Thanks! Mr.YP

It will be a lot easier when one has the 70% of 人和 i.e. support from boss... he/she can be promoted twice or even more in a short span of few months... 'test/probation' period? no need... delay? don't think so...

What can I say? I am not as capable??? or It wasn't the right time then??? or I wasn't at the right place??? or Just my luck??? I don't have the 70% of 人和???

No! I am not jealous of Mr.Lucky... Why should I?! It has nothing to do with him...

I am in the porcupine mood, whining and feeling kinda 'buay song' (that pretty much explained the email earlier this afternoon) tat while I have to go thru so much while others can get it so effortlessly...

I should have learnt that the world is not always fair most of the time after incidents of preferential treatments given to Mr. YP & Mr. Glass, shouldn't I?!

How come I accept it happily then?! (other than stupid, I don't know what else to say...haha)

No point crying over spilled milk?!

I beg to differ... One should always learn from yesterday(note: learn from NOT dwell on)...

Then why am I still keeping in touch? Many said I should steer clear since I've left...

I don't know... guess I just have the soft-spot of forgive and forget easily... or I am simply 'gong-tut'...

Anyway, Pris is rather to be taken for granted than take ppl for granted, rite?!

No comments: